Marty has been recognized by Best Lawyers® for his work in the following areas:
- Business Organizations (Including LLC’s and Partnerships);
- Construction Law; and
- Litigation – Construction where Marty was named Lawyer of the Year for Des Moines.
- March 2020 – Contract Law and the Coronavirus.
- September 2019 – Buy-Sell Agreements and Home Vacation Rental.
- March 2019 – Non-Compete Agreements; and Mechanic’s Liens 101.
- November 2018 – Choice of Business Entity; and Copyright and Trademark Basics.
- June 2018 – Mediation, Arbitration & Litigation; and Mitigation of Damages.
- May 2015 – Landlord Beware; and Oral Contracts.
- November 2014 – Oppressive Action; and Design – Build Contracts.
If you would like to receive the newsletter, please signup below:
- Construction Contracts: Advanced Negotiation Techniques for the Top Sticking Points; NBI Seminar, Des Moines, IA June 3, 2020
- Iowa Residential Seller Disclosure Law; Polk County Bar Association Spring CLE Seminar, April 12, 2019
- The 2017 Changes to the AIA Contract Documents; American Institute of Architects – Iowa Chapter Annual Convention, September 20, 2018
- Changes and Delays in Construction Projects; NBI Seminar, Des Moines, Iowa June 6, 2018
- Standard of Care for Architects; American Institute of Architects – Iowa Chapter Annual Convention, September 29, 2017
- Risky Business – Risk Shifting Provisions and Related Contract Matters; American Institute of Architects – Iowa Chapter Annual Convention, September 23, 2016
- Construction Contracts – Key Provisions; Iowa Municipal Attorneys Association Annual Meeting, November 20, 2015
- Architect Today, Judge and Jury Tomorrow: The Initial Decision Maker Process; American Institute of Architects – Iowa Chapter Annual Convention, October 15, 2015